Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Friendship


Have you ever tried to protect your friend from being knocked around or bruised during a relationship, or tried to help her feel better after falling down? The two girls in this picture are geared up for their roller-skating adventure. They have all the right spots padded. They can take on the world. I chose this picture for the blog today, because as I looked at it I recalled the adventure of my friendship with Margaret. We have held each other up through various experiences which spans over 35 wonderful years. Seeing Margaret today, doing so great at home was a special treat for me. I was able to express how very special Margaret is to me and how much I value our friendship. Having a great friend means you just get each other, you understand the nuances of conversations and the history of your lives. Friendship is a gift, and I am happy to say that I am blessed to have Margaret as my friend and I thank God each day for letting my sister live another day.

No comments: